Last date for application: Monday 20 February 2017
Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) has a vacancy for Librarian. This will be a Junior Staff (starter position). It will be the developmental level in which the librarian builds the positional and professional capabilities of library work. Under the overall direction of Associate Chief Librarian and direct supervision of Senior Librarian, this position will perform daily Professional Routines of Library as assigned by the supervisor and actively participate in successful delivery of Essential Library Functions. The person in this position will be a generalist with his/her working time divided between several areas of library activity, depending on the particular needs of the Library. Additionally, he/she will take full charge of one or more of the following sub-function as classified under the four essential Functions of the Library:
- Acquisition of Books and E-Books Services
- Subscription of Continuing Information Resources (Databases, Business Cases, Journal, Magazines, Newspapers)
- Cataloging and Database Entry and preparing books for issuance Services
- Metadata Indexing and Digital repository update.
- Periodicals Indexing and Abstracting
- Users’ engagement and awareness for library services and resources.
- Users’ Services, facilities and House Management – Ewing Memorial Library
- Users’ Services, facilities and House Management – Nasim Sabir Butt Library
- Users’ Services, facilities and House Management – Information Commons
- Take charge to perform all work related to one or more of the above areas, as assigned.
- Take responsibility of planning and management of Budget related to their area of responsibility.
- Share the work on cataloging, indexing and metadata processes.
- Contribute the share of time (as scheduled), for delivering Circulation services from 8:00am till 10:00pm daily as well as on weekends.
- Share active time on Reference and Research Help Desk.
- Participate actively in Library events and ceremonies.
- Participate in delivery of Information Literacy Services.
- Keep daily statistics and records on the performance indicators related to the assigned tasks and prepare weekly and monthly reports.
- Contribute the share of time (as scheduled), on Face-to-Face and electronic Research Help Desk in Main Library and Information Commons, to:
- Answer Users’ Reference inquires
- Help in use of Databases and locating information.
- Prepare and post awareness messages to users on Website, Facebook, Daily Buzz and corporate-SMS, in consultation with Senior Librarian.
- Manage and supervise the library assistants, Interns and work-study students and report disciplinary and performance issues to senior librarian.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Chief Librarian.
- Knowledge of basic and advanced research sources and techniques using print and electronic sources;
- Knowledge of and comfort with educational technologies, such as PowerPoint, html, and web course management software;
- Ability to quickly teach oneself new technologies, create necessary documentation and other training tools,
- Be prepared to teach the technologies to a wide range of constituents;
- Comfort with research instruction, including curriculum development, teaching in large- and small-group settings, and using a wide range of educational technologies inside and outside of the classroom;
- knowledge of and comfort with educational technologies, such as PowerPoint, html, xml, and web course management software will be preferable;
- Familiarity and skills with html/xml syntax, and with creating and updating of web pages will be desirable.
- Excellent communication (Writing and speaking) and interpersonal skills;
- Commitment to high-quality service and team-orientation;
- Ability to relate well to patrons/peers.
- Minimum Education: Masters or higher degree in Master in Library and Information Science
- Minimum Experience: 3 years’ in Library of reputable University
Interested candidates should send their CV, a cover letter, contacts of two referees, and copies of degrees and experience certificates. Applications must be emailed to email@example.com by Monday 20 February 2017. It is necessary to clearly mention the job title in the subject line.
Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) is an equal opportunity employer.