Last Date: Thursday, October 13, 2022
|Job Detail |
Job Ref #:Job/4273/09/29/2022
Age Limit:35 – 45
Salary: Market Competitive
Qualification / Experience
– MLIS/MS in Library from any HEC recognized university.
– Minimum 5-10 Year’s working experience in Public Libraries.
– To work as Focal Person for HEC digital library.
– Liaison with Institution’s libraries regarding HEC digital library, funds issues, budget estimates, approval of books purchase cases etc.
– Facilitate the development and updating of library databases and searching of e-data base.
– Selecting, developing, cataloguing, and classifying library resources.
– Promoting the library’s resources to users.
– Liaison with departmental academic staff, external organizations and suppliers.
– Management of staff including recruitment, training, and/or supervisory duties.
– Arrange appropriate resource material for research, advice and assist in locating the right information.
– Deal official correspondence.
– Answering readers’ inquiries.
– Developing and implementing of latest IT facilities for optimum use of e-resources.
– Supporting independent research and learning.
– Overall supervision of library and staff.– Handling of Digital Resources knowledge of KOHA Library integrated software knowledge of Dspace and
Terms & Conditions
– Candidates are required to attach scanned copies of their documents (Academics / Professional) along with their CVs.
– Last education certificate/degree must be attested/verified by HEC.
– Candidates may be considered ineligible for the post due to any of the following reasons:
– 3rd Div in academic career / weak academic profile.
– NUST employees with less than two years’ service with NUST and / or absence of NOC from Head of Institution.
– In process of pursuing a required degree.
– Medically unfit.
– Only selected candidates will be contacted and issued offer letter.
– Candidates serving in Govt departments, Armed forces may apply through their respective parent department / organizations. Late / incomplete applications will be ignored. Only short-listed candidates will be considered / called for test / interview and no TA / DA will be admissible.
– NUST reserves the right to cancel, modify / terminate the recruitment programme due to any reason,
without notice, at any time.