Case No.F.4-170/2018-R (9/2018). SENIOR LIBRARIAN (BS-18), TEMPORARY, LIKELY TO BECOME PERMANENT, PAKISTAN INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES (PIMS), ISLAMABAD, CAPITAL ADMINISTRATION AND DEVELOPMENT DIVISION.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION/ EXPERIENCE:
(i) Second Class or Grade ‘C’ Master’s degree in Library Science/ Information Science or equivalent.(ii) Five (5) years post qualification experience in BS- 16 and above or equivalent in the relevant field. OR (i) Second Class or Grade ‘C’ Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science. OR Second Class or Grade ‘C’ Bachelor’s Degree with Diploma in Library Science from a recognized University/ Institute. (ii) Eight (8) years post qualification experience in BS-16 and above in the relevant field.
AGE LIMIT: 25-35 years plus five (5) years
general relaxation in upper age limit. DOMICILE: Punjab. (Both male and female candidates are
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
1. All cases will be processed as per Commission’s policy laid down in General Instructions as displayed at FPSC’s Website. Candidates are advised
to go through the General Instructions particularly para-16 of the same to update themselves before applying.
2. All applications for General Recruitment in BS-16 and above must be submitted online through FPSC’s website www.fpsc.gov.pk. Detailed
General Instructions/ guidelines to apply online are available on the website. No hardcopy of online application is required from the applicants.
However, those applicants who do not have access to internet facility, are allowed to submit their applications on or before the closing date,
addressed to Secretary FPSC on plain paper giving detailed particulars in the light of prescribed conditions for the post applied for, intimating
difficulties in submission of online applications. Such applications will be accepted subject to approval of the Commission.
3. It will be mandatory for the candidates to bring original CNIC, Treasury Receipt and downloaded copy of Admission Certificate at the time of
Screening/ Written Test. (The candidates should realize that nothing except original Treasury Receipt would be admissible as a valid
document. It is reiterated that the candidates must preserve the original T.R and do not send the same to FPSC office in advance, so as to
avoid any inconvenience at the time of entry in the Examination Halls).
4. Relaxation in Upper Age Limit: Maximum age limit as prescribed under the Recruitment Rules shall be relaxed in pursuance of initial
Appointment to Civil Posts (Relaxation of Upper Age Limit) Rules, 1993 (as amended from time to time). The detail is given at para-6 of General
Instructions available at FPSC’s website www.fpsc.gov.pk
5. i) The Pre-selection criteria for interview will be as per policy of the Commission contained in para -16 (A,B&C) of General Instructions, the
candidates will be required to furnish attested copies of requisite documents viz: two photographs, Matric, Intermediate certificates, Bachelor,
Master, M.Phil, Ph.D Degrees, CNIC, Experience Certificate( where required) showing nature of job/ detailed job description issued by an
authorized officer of the Ministry/Division/Department concerned, Domicile Certificate, Departmental Permission Certificate (in case of
government servant) as well as Original TR (in non-test cases) etc. within 15 days of the Notice from FPSC by post, SMS and E-mail. The
candidates who fail to furnish the requisite documents within stipulated time or furnish incorrect/incomplete information their candidature
shall be liable to rejection. Therefore, they are advised to keep their documents ready for submission to FPSC by the due date. From requisition
of documents it should not be presumed that the candidate is preselected.
ii) Wherever an equivalence of the required degree is to be claimed by a candidate, an equivalence certificate issued by HEC may be
furnished to FPSC to authenticate the claim.
6. Eligibility of the candidates in all respects shall be reckoned upto the closing date.
7. The Application Fee for posts (BS-16 & 17 = Rs. 300/- ; BS 18= Rs. 750/- ; BS-19 = Rs. 1200/- ; BS-20 and above= Rs. 1500/-) may be
deposited on or before the closing date in the nearest Government treasury or in a branch of National Bank of Pakistan or in a State treasury
authorized to transact business on behalf of Government under head “C02101-ORGANS OF STATE EXAMINATION FEE REALIZED BY
FPSC”. Bank draft / Cheque/ Postal Order is not acceptable.
8. Admission Certificates for Screening (MCQ’s Test) for BS-16 & 17 posts and Written (Descriptive Test) for BS-18 & above posts, for General
Recruitment Cases will be placed on the website of FPSC i.e. www.fpsc.gov.pk on 19th October, 2018. Candidates are advised to frequently visit
this website. They will be intimated through SMS as well. However, no information in this regard shall be sent through post.
(ii) (a) Tests for the post of Assistant Private Secretary (BS-16) will be held at Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi, Peshawar and Quetta
centers only, if sufficient number of candidates at each center are available.
(b) Candidates for the post of APS will first be called for typing test and those who qualify the Typing Test by producing required typing
speed as mentioned in the advertisement will be allowed to appear in Shorthand Test. While those who will not qualify typing Test will
be relieved without subjecting them to Shorthand test.
(c) It will be mandatory for the candidates of APS that minimum 80% of the Shorthand Test passage has been written by them in shorthand
outline. Otherwise, the candidate will be declared as fail.
9. Conduct of Test: (i) The Screening (MCQ)/Written (Descriptive) Test for Consolidated Advt. No. 9/2018 will tentatively be held from 11th
November, 2018 onwards. However, in small cases such tests can be conducted even in the very next month or as early as possible so candidates
are advised to frequently visit FPSC website for the updates.
10. Change of Centre: No request for change of centre shall be entertained