Chief Librarian required at Dawood Public School
- Create and organize library inventory on the database.
- Research and procure new books and materials by reading book reviews, publishers’ announcements, and catalogs. Make sure the library meets the needs of precise groups of users including students Preschoolers – A Level.
- Inculcate reading habits by organizing competitions and reading aloud sessions.
- Train and supervise library technicians, assistants, other support staff, and volunteers.
- Conduct an inventory audit to identify lost and damaged books. Submit a progress report to the Principal on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for the repair, maintenance and upkeep of the library amenities. Maintain physical layout, softboards, shelves and other displays to encourage reading.
- Communicate policies, rules and regulations governing the library.
- Masters in Library Sciences (preferable)
- 4-5 years of relevant experience in a reputable school
- Full Time
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Facility with and thorough knowledge of automated library systems
- Communication technology including email and social media, and office software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates organizational, management and leadership ability.
- Avid reader.
Job Type: Full-time