Last date for application: Wednesday, March 2, 2022
Minimum Education & Experience:
- 14 years equivalent education (BA/BSc degree in a computer or technical field) with 3 years relevant work experience in a customer Services Environment
- 16 years equivalent education (BA (Hons)/M.A/MCS in a computer or technical field) with preferably some relevant experience in a customer Services Environment
- Ability to sustain attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks;
- Basic computer skills.
Job Purpose/Summary: This position gets rigorous on-job training on Customer Services, Basic Library Routines, Secretarial Assistance, Online searching and Users Services and provides support to the basic functions of the library.
- Shelve books, photocopy and/or digitally scan articles for users,
- Circulate library materials,
- Participate in inventory and stock-taking
- Staff a Library Help Desk or Circulation Desk in library and Information Commons.
- Answer simple information and reference queries and help users with finding information in Library.
- Label new receipts to the library collections,
- Imaging and scanning of archives and items for digital collections,
- Prepare materials for binding or other preservation work,
- Create and/or update online records in library systems.
- provide guidance to library users on library policies and procedures,
- Organize and maintain journal. Magazine and Newspapers Displays
Administrative Assistant (as and when required):
- Administrative support for Chief Librarian, handle mails, appointments, and keep Library and staff Records
- Communicate with outside suppliers (e.g., Book sellers, vendors, Services and maintenance companies, other libraries).
- Order and process invoices for new materials, maintain subscriptions,
- Greet distinguished guests and offer complimentary tour of the facilities,
Please submit a cover letter, CV, three letters of reference, copies of degrees, and experience certificates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications must be emailed to email@example.com latest by Wednesday, March 2, 2022.