Apply by: Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Incumbent will be responsible for handling the Library’s growing electronic resources, support in cataloging and activation of the help desk.
- Identify, evaluate and suggest appropriate library resources available through web-based platforms.
- Arrange trial periods for specific web-based products and evaluate their usefulness.
- Subscription/renewal of print and electronic resources.
- Conduct information literacy sessions of the faculty, student and staff. Brief visitors about the library.
- Organization and representation of electronic resources in the library catalog and web pages.
- Assist in developing LUMS indigenous resources and web application.
- Promote the use of print journals and electronic resources and maintain use statistics.
- Coordinate with Higher Education Commission in acquiring access to various online databases.
- Report generation through SCOPUS, Web of Science and other similar databases with different publication styles of referencing.
- Operate help desks and provide reference and research support.
- Any other duty assigned by the Head of the Library.
Business hours often extend into the evenings and weekends to accommodate the needs of current workloads and event schedules.Skills:
- Advanced MS excel skills
- Customs, tariffs, transportation rules and regulations
- Database Management
- Good English language skills
- Information Technology
- Library (Technical)
- Problem Solving
- Customer oriented
- Hard Working
- Team Player
Qualification: Masters in Library and Information Science (first class/3.0 CGPA)Knowledge:
- In depth knowledge of user services, electronic resource & copy rights.
Experience (Minimum): 03 years of working experience in the capacity of a Librarian in an academic set up
Apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org