Last date for application: Sunday, January 5, 2020
Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) is seeking Chief Librarian. Reporting to the Vice Rector, Forman Christian College University, the Chief Librarian will oversee collection acquisition and development, budgeting, staff, fundraising, the maintenance and formation of national and international partnerships, library services, physical space, information technology adoption and development, website development, and strategic planning.
Minimum Education: Master or higher degree in Library and Information Science
Minimum Experience: 15 Years’ of rich professional experience
- Collegial, visionary, experienced leader, with the proven ability to manage, develop, and forward the strategic vision of an academic and research library, while successfully implementing operational details and managing staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key trends in library science, including the ability to evaluate emerging technologies.
- Demonstrated success in recruiting, leading, and managing library staff, including instituting professional development opportunities.
- Successful fundraising experience, with a record of obtaining grants.
- Superb written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with budgeting, financial management, and resource allocation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of archives management and digitization.
- Possess a reputation among peers for professional achievement, scholarship and leadership in academic librarianship,
- A commitment to the Mission and Core Values of Forman Christian College University.
- Strategic Leadership
- Facilitates the continuing transformation of the University Libraries into a knowledge commons that integrates diverse resources, seeks new opportunities, engages with the community, collaborates with university units, and sustains a vibrant research and learning community.
- Creates an environment that facilitates research and scholarly activity with an understanding of innovative and traditional methods of information dissemination.
- Establishes a shared vision that promotes the University’s and the University Libraries’ missions.
- Implements a clear and concise strategic plan to advance that vision.
- Supports a culture of collegial governance.
- Fosters an organizational and educational climate that promotes and celebrates diversity.
- Communicates internally and externally regarding the University Libraries.
- Serves on Vice Rector’s Cabinet of Academic Officers and Academic Council and Universality Committees.
- Develops strong relationships with Deans of units and other University administrators.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with students, faculty, staff and community.
- Promotes and advocates for library programs that address the needs of students, staff, faculty, and the community.
2. Operational Leadership
- Works with library and department heads, as well as external sources, to identify, evaluate and implement programs that improve services and facilities, enhance the quality of resources and increase operational efficiency within the libraries.
- Functions as library fiscal officer and provides clear communication about the budget.
- Delegates authority to others for specific administrative tasks.
- Recruits, retains, and leads high-quality faculty and staff.
- Creates an environment which supports professional advancement.
- Acts as an advocate for the libraries and its faculty and staff.
- Fosters professionalism, diversity and a positive work/learning environment in the University Libraries.
- Recommends personnel and annual salary increase actions in accordance with the provisions of University Policies Manual.
- Enforces policies and regulations adopted by University Rector and Board of Governors.
- External Representation
- Represents and promotes the University Libraries, formally and informally, to the University, community and the world.
- Participates actively in national and international library organizations.
Please submit a cover letter, CV, and three letters of reference, copies of degrees and experience certificates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications must be emailed to email@example.com latest by Sunday, January 5, 2020
It is necessary to clearly mention the job title in the subject line of email.